Hip Replacement Surgery?
Welcome to “Do I Need A Lawyer?”
If you have a question you would like for me to answer, or if you would like to speak with me regarding a potential claim, please pick up the phone and give us a call right now. (770) 934-8000.
Or you can email me your question. The address is Gary@garymartinhays.com.
Hi Gary. I had a replacement hip surgery about 3 years ago. Immediately after the surgery everything seemed to be ok so I thought the results were fine.
It is about your health – first and foremost. Get to a doctor so they can treat you and get better.
Now let’s address the potential legal issues here.
In the last few years, there have been hip implants recalled by various medical device companies.
(1) DePuy Hip Recall. These hips were manufactured by the Johnson & Johnson Co.
The specific hips recalled were the DePuy ASR and some DePuy Pinnacle models.
On Nov. 19, 2013, Johnson & Johnson & its DePuy subsidiary announced that they will pay at least $2.5 Billion dollars to settle thousands of individual lawsuits.
The hips being recalled are the Stryker Rejuvenate Modular and the ABG II Modular Neck Hip Stems.
. Repeated dislocations
. Kidney problems and possible renal failure
. Cardiovascular problems
(1) The voluntary recall followed the discovery that the devices are prone to “fret and corrode”
(2) You may be entitled to compensation if you received one of these Stryker implants and you are experiencing pain, swelling and immobility
(3) You will need to know the name of the surgeon who performed your surgery
(4) You should also consult with your surgeon to find out if you need a revision surgery
(5) Joining a class action law suit against Stryker may not get you the full compensation you deserve.
Well how do you know if you have hip that has been recalled?
Hip Replacement Surgery – Georgia Attorneys
Even if you did not receive a notification, you may still have one of the recalled hip implants. If you are unsure of the type of hip prosthesis, please contact my staff so we can determine if you are involved with this particular recall. If you believe you have a hip implant that has been recalled, what should you do next?
Keep a record of your treatment and all of the problems you have experienced from the hip implant.
(2) Second opinion.
(3) Gather your records and keep track of all of your expenses.
(4) Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible.
There is not an unlimited amount of time to present your claim. If you don’t act quickly, it could be barred by law.
Now – if you have questions about a potential claim, please give us a call.
If not us, please call someone – but call an attorney that specializes in personal injury law.
If you would like to speak with my law firm about your claim, we make it easy for you.
The consultation is FREE and completely confidential.
You can also visit our website – www.GaryMartinHays.com.
It is loaded with information about personal injury claims and you can learn a lot more about me and my law firm.
And I encourage you – if you don’t call us, please call someone to help you with your claim.
You owe it to yourself – to your family – to get the help you need.
And stay tuned for more of “Do I Need A Lawyer”
We’ll be right back.
Hip Replacement Recall Lawyers
- Do I need a Lawyer – Truck Crash in Georgia
- Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Attorney Lower Manhattan and New York City, NY 182